We think through digital services problems to deliver demonstrable outcomes.
We are committed to giving to non-profit organizations each year. We seek to support organizations focused on strengthening Education, Healthcare and Wellness, Housing, and Employment. In addition, our team members support organizations through volunteering and receiving paid time off. To be among the organizations we support, please connect with us.
Melissa Daley, CEO
Systems Engineer with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems from Hampton University and a Master’s in Technology Entrepreneurship from the University of Maryland Clark School of Engineering. Over 20 years of experience in I.T. working for several big four firms and boutique organizations.
In 2007, Melissa Daley founded iT Gets Better as a 501c3 non-profit organization in Atlanta, GA, to assist youth organizations with Information Technology (IT). In 2008, Melissa founded iGB Associates Inc. to support for-profit organizations with their IT services. It was later sold in 2009. Melissa then combined her two passions again and founded Orca Intelligence.
She is an ambidextrous tennis player, crocheter, and a certified Reiki Master Level II.
Titra Hamilton, CGO
A graduate of Duke University and a Project Management Institute (PMI) certified Project. Management Professional (PMP). An experienced executive with a background in Systems Integration project management.
With over 25 years of experience leading teams at Accenture and other consulting organizations. Titra is driven to produce strong teams. In a previous role, she maintained relationships with vendor partners and customers to manage a portfolio that generated $13.3M annually, representing 20% of the total revenue.
Titra enjoys taking care of her pets, a pit bull and a snake.
Are you interested in joining the team?
Orca Intelligence is a small business based in Silver Spring, MD. Guided by executive leadership with 30+ years of information technology consulting experience and in the industry since 2014, Orca Intelligence operates with the vision to be a state-of-the-art boutique product firm providing artificial intelligence projects for software development. We deliver using methods grounded in the belief that software, though not tangible, is very similar to building design and architecture and requires the same governance and best practices. Our methods also include cataloging and maintaining requirements for reuse on other projects. Our methods are further encapsulated in SwiftlyTM, an algorithmic-based Requirements Management tool developed by Orca Intelligence. SwiftlyTM saves requirements analysis and management time and keeps stakeholders and software engineers organized throughout the entire software development life cycle, producing incremental success that keeps teams on schedule and within budget.
We post jobs on BetterTeam.com, Dice.com, LinkedIn, or Handshake. We do not post jobs anywhere else. If you get contacted by someone from another source, they are impersonating Orca Intelligence.
We have ongoing open positions for Product Managers, Scrum Masters, UX Designers, and Developers. Please submit your resume through one of the career job boards above or through our website here.
- 100% Dental and Vision
- 100% Life Insurance up to $50K
- Short Term and Long Term disability
- 50% of Health Benefits to Full-time Employees with HSA options
- 15 Days of PTO
- Earn PTO when you volunteer for a local organization
- 12 Holidays a year
- Direct Student Loan Repayment options after one year
- Education reimbursement after 1 year of employment
- Employee incentives based on performance
- Access to Comedy Room
- 100% Remote work, unless client states otherwise
- $500-$1500 Referral Programs
- 401K and Matching after nine months
- Opportunities for profit sharing
Ongoing Internship Opportunities
Orca Intelligence seeks an intern with experience in software design, coding, and debugging. The intern will gain exciting real-world software engineering experience at a thriving company.
We frequently work in small teams to solve problems, explore new technologies, and learn from one another. The ideal intern for this environment will be enthusiastic and collaborative.
- Research existing software applications for desktop and mobile devices
- Document and test new software applications
- Assess new application ideas
- Research competitor offerings
- Develop applications (coding, programming)
- Work with team members collaboratively
- Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science/Network Engineering, Engineering, or Mathematics major
- Excellent analytical and mathematics skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Experience programming in Python, PowerApps, Bubble.io, or Java
- Practical experience with a wide variety of software engineering tasks
- Collaborating hand-in-hand with skilled teams of software engineers
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with seasoned professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Compensation available