We think through digital services problems to deliver demonstrable outcomes.
We are committed to giving to non-profit organizations each year. We seek to support organizations focused on strengthening Education, Healthcare and Wellness, Housing, and Employment. In addition, our team members support organizations through volunteering and receiving paid time off. To be among the organizations we support, please connect with us.
With over 25 years of experience within the Information Technology industry our team members have become product experts with extensive experience. We thrive on working in an honest collaborative environment focused on enhancing technology solutions for education, healthcare, housing and labor. The indivudals that work for Orca are unique, creative and self aware. We love what we do, learn and improve everyday.
Are you interested in joining the team?
Orca Intelligence is a small business based in Silver Spring, MD. Guided by executive leadership with 30+ years of information technology consulting experience and in the industry since 2014, Orca Intelligence operates with the vision to be a state-of-the-art boutique product firm providing artificial intelligence projects for software development. We deliver using methods grounded in the belief that software, though not tangible, is very similar to building design and architecture and requires the same governance and best practices. Our methods also include cataloging and maintaining requirements for reuse on other projects. Our methods are further encapsulated in SwiftlyTM, an algorithmic-based Requirements Management tool developed by Orca Intelligence. SwiftlyTM saves requirements analysis and management time and keeps stakeholders and software engineers organized throughout the entire software development life cycle, producing incremental success that keeps teams on schedule and within budget.
We have ongoing open positions for Product Managers, Scrum Masters, UX Designers, and Developers. Here are the job openings.
Please submit your resume through one of the career job boards above or through our website here.
- 100% Dental and Vision
- 100% Life Insurance up to $50K
- Short Term and Long Term disability
- 50% of Health Benefits to Full-time Employees with HSA options
- 15 Days of PTO
- Earn PTO when you volunteer for a local organization
- 12 Holidays a year
- Direct Student Loan Repayment options after one year
- Education reimbursement after 1 year of employment
- Employee incentives based on performance
- 100% Remote work, unless client states otherwise
- $500-$1500 Referral Programs
- 401K and Matching after nine months
- Opportunities for profit sharing
Ongoing Internship Opportunities
Orca Intelligence seeks an intern with experience in software design, coding, and debugging. The intern will gain exciting real-world software engineering experience at a thriving company.
We frequently work in small teams to solve problems, explore new technologies, and learn from one another. The ideal intern for this environment will be enthusiastic and collaborative.
- Research existing software applications for desktop and mobile devices
- Document and test new software applications
- Assess new application ideas
- Research competitor offerings
- Develop applications (coding, programming)
- Work with team members collaboratively
- Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science/Network Engineering, Engineering, or Mathematics major
- Excellent analytical and mathematics skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Experience programming in Python, PowerApps, Bubble.io, or Java
- Practical experience with a wide variety of software engineering tasks
- Collaborating hand-in-hand with skilled teams of software engineers
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with seasoned professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Compensation available